Monday, November 23, 2009

Back to school

Everybody who's ever lost his/her Fish-of-a-Lifetime please raise your hands!
Do you know exactly what is the most effective way to land a fish ?
Well, yesterday, when I was out pikefishing at a spot were I lost a Big One last year after a pretty darn long fight, I figured that I didn't...


I decided to find out exactly what a rod does when you bend it in a certain way and in doing so, take my fish-fightingskills to the next level. I had some ideas about this, but since I don't consider myself to be an expert I searched the internet to see what other people had to say. I found this article, written by Peter Morse. Very informative.
While I was at it I also found this article about fly choice, breaking out of the mold of fishing the pattern "that-did-well-last-week".

Going back to school every now and then isn't all that bad. Now, all I have I to do is find another fish-of-a-lifetime to put the theories to a test.

No comments: