Monday, November 23, 2009

Strange bird

Well, to cut a long story short:
I didn't catch a damn thing this weekend.
After sailing through a storm and impressive showers yesterday, I went out to a small lake today where I usually fish for perch during the summer. For some reason I never went there to fish for pike. Until now that is...


This morning I dug up my sinking lines, poured in another cup of coffee and made a Deceiver with some extra weight; a conehead, which is hidden under the last layers of bucktail, ready to explore the depths.

Don't worry, this is not a one-off. I am still a "concept-fly-man", I just didn't have the time to make a whole serie out of them, because I wanted to go fishing.

The plan of the day was to first check out the banks, reeds etc. with an intermediate line. If there were no fish in close to the shore I would check out the drop-offs for toothy critters.
Sounds like a plan doesn't it. Well for this plan to work I do need some co-operation from the other side of the watersurface. But....

No comments: